How much time will you need to learn German?
We love that you want to learn German, congrats on that goal!
But you might just ask yourself: How long will it actually take me to learn German? The answer to that depends on a few things that we will be talking about now.
Learning a new language is a journey. As long as you put in the effort to learn the language consistently, you should not stress about the length of your journey.
It will be different for every individual anyway.
A few tricks to speed up the process
Even though we cannot and do not even want to give you an estimation of the time frame, we can give you some tips and tricks to speed up the process.
- Talk to locals. If you cannot currently travel to Germany, you can still find locals to practice your German skills with. You can either find them within your local community or you can find them online.
- Use apps to help you with grammar and vocabulary.
- Be consistent. Even if you only put in 20 minutes a day to practice your German, that is better than doing two hours of it every two weeks. Consistency is the key.
- Reward yourself for milestones. Maybe every single time you get to a new level in an App, you put a specific amount of money into a jar to save for a trip to Germany!
- Do not stress yourself out. If you are just learning German for yourself, you are not on a deadline. Enjoy the process! Learning can actually be pretty fun.
Are you ready for your German language journey? It is all about the process, never forget that!