Do you want to learn a new language? Are you not sure if it should be German or Chinese?
Well, we have gathered some facts to make your decision process easier.
Let us start with some facts!
- German is spoken by around 130 million people worldwide. It is the national language of seven countries.
- You will not believe it, but Chinese is spoken by 1.31 billion people worldwide! That is 16 percent of the world’s population!
- German is the language that is the most common in Europe.
- One in six people speaks Chinese!
- Since German and English are related languages, they might be easier to learn than Chinese.
- The longest word in the world is German!
- Chinese is an official UN language.
- If you learn Chinese, there is no need to learn the alphabet, since the language does not have one.
We might be a little biased on this, but we think choosing German is smart because it is pretty unique to speak it.
However, more people do speak Chinese and most people in Europe are fluent in English.
What is your plan?
So, why are you wanting to learn a new language? Just for fun?
Then make your decision based on where you would rather travel.
If you want to go to Europe, German might be beneficial to you!
At the end of the day, it is a personal decision which language you choose. But if you want to learn German, you definitely came to the right website!